Saturday 8 November 2014

Go Beyond

Hello, Friends!
I've been taking part in a round robin art journal project this year and I love the variety of themes and tasks that come with each journal that arrives in my house. There are 22 participants in this project so you can imagine how interesting it gets. :)

This particular journal turned out to be quite an adventure.
We were asked to try something totally new, whether it's a technique we've never tried before, color we never use or a theme we've always wanted to express.
Now this is something right down my alley!
I love challenging myself, trying out new paths and seeing where they would take me.
So I was very excited to start working and here's what happened:


My idea was to try out abstact art.
My works nearly always center around a photo so this time I decided to do without it (quite challenging I must say) and express myself solely with textures and colors.
It was tricky but such a lot of fun! I admit I'm really satisfied with the outcome.


First of all, I created this delicious thick texture with Modelling Paste and a stencil.
I colored my background with amazing Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and Black Orchid Artist Pigment.



The embellishments here are just delicate accents (all glued with Soft Gel) - tiny pieces of 7 Dots Studio chipboards, 3D foam squares, a little bit of Licorice Glass Beads here and there and...


... one cog. Just one! Now, that's where I really went beyond anything I'm used to in my art. ;)


I hope you like my little experiment. I think it's really important to leave our comfort zone from time to time and try out new exciting possibilities!
Wouldn't you agree? :)

Hugs to you all!



18 comments:

Ellie Knol said...

That round robin art journal project you joined sounds very interesting, is it a group anyone can join? LOVE your project!

Unknown said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful xxx

Annette said...

Oh my dear, this is so you and love it and the colors and the cog. Always so fun to see what you are up to and to inspire us all. thanks so much and loved loved the introduction of your art on Lifebook 2014. xooxox

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely stunning!!!!

Darlene said...

Finabair... what a stunningly beautiful abstract creation. That's the beauty of challenges - to take us of our our comfortable safe place and let art create magic. This is magical and whimsical! Love the gorgeous colours. This has inspired me today! xo

Unknown said...

i love everything about it!

Maelchen said...

I have been in admiration of your work for a long time, my dear. It is alwaysl unique and special, stll recognizable. This page in your journal , so I find, is another masterpiece in colour and structure! It is like a landscape, like an extraterrestrian landscape maybe, with rivers, mountains and tiny villages... It is beautiful to take a walk in this wonderland.
Thank you so much for sharing this inspiration!
Greets from Manu

famillemarleau said...

It's very beautiful. I love it. Johanne Lacombe

Linda M. Cain said...

Love and admire simplicity in works of Art. This is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I love it !

Corrie Herriman said...

Beautiful !
Corrie x

Jenny Marples said...

So good to see how you work without photos too. Inspiring. Jenny x

Unknown said...

This is an absolutely awesome piece of work!!!! I love that there is no picture (as I don't like using them much!) and the luscious texture & color used. Totally stunning journal entry. Should be a canvas!!! This is the kind of thing I do and it's so much fun to be given artistic freedom & also to be pushed out of our comfort zone. Very very nice!

Unknown said...

waooh! so stunning! loooooove it!

finnabair said...

Ellie, it is inspiring, indeed. The swap I'm taking part in is a closed group we've started many monyhs ago but I'm sure you can find a nice group of friends and start a swap!

finnabair said...

Thank you so much all. I really appreciate it!

Curls N Twirls said...

Very simple yet intense .. I loved it :)

Ann said...

Beautiful pages.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...