Monday 21 December 2015

Motivational Heart

Hello Friends!
Christmas is just around the corner and in case you needed some last minute original gift ideas, Kasia comes to the rescue! :)
Today she presents such a cute project that is really easy to make. Feel inspired!


A self-made gift is a great idea for Christmas. I like to include things like these to make pretty gift packaging.
It is also a good way to give someone a motivating and uplifting quote. I made this heart for my friend and I hope she likes it.


And here's how I made it: I started with an ordinary wooden shape.
I covered the entire surface with White Crakle Paste because I just love its effect.


To add a little color, I made mists from Mica Powders. I used Teal and Rust. The mists fill in the cracks beautifully highlighting them.
In addition, I painted the edges of the heart with gold acrylic paint.


Add-ons aren't extraordinary - only some paper straws and gauze. I glued them using a hot glue gun.


To make them look a little bit more special, I applied some 3D Matte Gel and sprinkled with Crystal Glass Beads and Silver Micro Beads.


You may want to leave the beads as they are, but I decided to blend them in and covered them with Heavy White Gesso.


After adding a quote and butterflies, my project was done.



Thank you very much for your attention and I really encourage you to make your own gifts. This will give a lot of joy and satisfaction.
xxx
Kasia

Materials used:


5 comments:

Thelma Findlay said...

I can see this same crackle and coloring on Dragonfly Wings! Beautiful heart.

Unknown said...

Love it!! Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!!

Debbie Rock said...

I LOVE working on wooden hearts and this one is just amazingly beautiful! I have a new pot of that crackle paste and can't wait to use it ... your work is stunning! Love Debbie xXx

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Such a beautiful project Kasia! I love the crackle and the colors, very inspiring!

SewPaperPaint said...

What an absolutely amazing project absolutely love the texture and incredible color!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...