Thursday 5 May 2016

Well, That's Bizzare... - doll mini assemblage

Hi again, greetings from the Emerald Isle :)
I can't believe it, but it looks like than I'll be moving into my studio any time now... most of the things is in the process of moving now, making me busy, overwhelmed and excited in the same time... I can't believe,but it is really happening! I promise to share some photos as soon as I'll be able to put all my stuff in. It will be far from perfection, but it will be a huge step for me, woo hoo :) Please keep your fingers crossed for this last stage of my BIG MOVE :) I will really need tons of energy and patience now!

In the meantime I've got a new project for you! (But if you are one of the sensitive people who can't stand dolls, dolls heads and general feeling of delicate weirdness... I wouldn't scroll down...)

Believe it or not - but this eerie beauty came to life absolutely unexpectedly during  Prima Art Venture Seaside in Coronado this April, when I had the pleasure to observe the class taught by one and only John Creignton Petersen - and I couldn't resist, I had to play too!


John is a great teacher who will take you through the project like a breeze - it was fun, it was messy but somehow something went a bit wrong on my side... maybe it is just me, the worst student ever, not listening to the teacher at all? Let's compare John's result and Finn's result. Any suggestions what happened ;))) ?


John's project - pure dark elegance and sophisticated charm.


Finn's result - pure dark freakishness, bizarre mix of innocence, creepiness and weirdness in one. 

I guess this is the best example of  my usual creative process. I start with something harmless and generally - with no high expectation for something unusual to happen. I take my time playing with elements, creating the backgrounds and textures and then BOOM ! My eyes spot something absolutely without sanity and here the creative challenge will begin!


I think you know what I mean, right? 

The doll I've used for this little shrine wasn't a beauty and I really feel she looks much better, more mysterious and intriguing after my makeover. Don't get me wrong - of course I know for some people dolls - especially, old or incomplete ones - are hard to stand. Myself - I enjoy magical, a bit eerie atmosphere, so this kind of simple assemblage is something which makes my little heart flutter!



I had the best time playing with my Art Basic Heavy Black Gesso to transform paper flowers, the shrine and décors (All from Relics & Artifacts by Sandra Evertson) into amazing, inspiring elements which turned into a piece of art within minutes. As I rely on my Art Basics Heavy Body Gel for gluing large elements I had no problem with putting doll's head or resin pieces in place - after a moment of drying I was ready to apply paints!


Art Alchemy Metallique and Opal Magic paints work miracles on any base but Black Gesso is in my opinion the best start if you'd like to get the depth and richness of colours. The opalescence and metallic finish look simply amazing brushed on this surface - it is just amazing how easy you are able to get this beautiful, permanent effect!
As you can see I've also used Prima Sticky Rub-Ons and some Gold Foil to add the detail to my doll - another fast and effective technique I can recommend for anyone :) I had to add some finishing touches  - so her eyes and eyelashes are painted too - with the same combination of paints I used for her face and hair.

Here are the links to some useful products - coming from Mixed Media Place Store:



I hope you enjoyed this transformation - I'll be back with you on Saturday, when together with Prima Team we will be celebrating International scrapbook Day - which we decided to change into International Day of Creativity! Expect us...


Sending warmest hugs to you all - see you soon!


10 comments:

Pascale B. Scrap said...

I can't even understand that someone can't be in love with this little
creepy thing! Do you know someone ? :D
Creepy she certainly is but beautiful she is too

Lori said...

This is fabulously freaky! I love it!

Unknown said...

How deliciously creepy! I'm not a fan of dolls, but this one I like! It reminds me of one I had when I was little that had purple skin, green eyes & was a witch. Wish I could remember the name of it..

Achawg said...

OK I understand you have depression :0)

Laure Janus ~ Little Joys Studio said...

Give me creepy and freaky any old day; your creation ROCKS!

Riikka Kovasin said...

I just love this! <3 So beautiful and original!

LynzCraftz said...

Oh be still my creepy gothic little heart, she is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Fabbylous Wonderous Stupendous Beautilous Magnificous work 💖

corinne de france MARCH said...

original :-)

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

Perfect, fabulous freakishness!!! LOVE IT!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...