Wednesday 29 November 2017

Looking Deep Within

Hi lovely Readers!
As you know, this month I've been introducing my beautiful new Creative Team - make yourself a cup of tea and take a while to (re)visit these posts with breathtaking projects from:
Kasia, Marta, Sanda, Karolina, Olya, Bipasha, Juliya and Kelly.
Last but certainly not least, today we meet with talented Tanyalee (check out our mini interview!) who completes our November Team introductions with her a.m.a.z.i.n.g. art journal spread!

*   *   *   *
Hello there lovely artist friends.
It’s Tanyalee here with my very first Finnabair Creative Team tutorial. I have started off simply as I explore some of the new (to me) products in my art journal.
My go-to technique is to start off with a collage layer and then add some paint to form an interesting background.
For this spread I used Art Alchemy Impasto paints in Chocolate Brown, Bottle Green and Aubergine.
Can I just say that those paints are the smoothest, creamiest paints I have ever used. They blend so beautifully and spread like butter.
Once the background was down I added some texture with 3D Matte Gel through Finnabair 'Bubbles' stencil.
To add some more colour I used Mica Powder in Green Opal Magic and sprayed it with water to create a bit of a spacey effect.
I then added some paint splatters using white acrylic ink. I also used two texture stamps with white ink for some more details. And journaled using the white acrylic ink.
I love journaling in a messy hidden journaling style so that my thoughts can still remain my thoughts.

To add some more sparkle, I added some glitter from 'Luminous' set glued down with Soft Matte Gel. And then I sealed the page with some fixative spray.

Here's my short video tutorial in which you can follow step by step how this spread came about. Enjoy!



 

I hope you enjoyed my first tutorial, I’ll be back again soon with another fun project.

In messiness












Products used:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...